My Gift IQ respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and use and disclosure of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
The phrase “personal information” refers to information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified.
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this website, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our site
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
In addition, when you visit our website or use our mobile application, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our site and mobile application. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our site
- Dates and times of visits to our site
- Information on actions taken on our site (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our website
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our site
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at our website, and manage and maintain your account on the site
- Provide products or services you request
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about My Gift IQ including on our website and blog, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets
- Protect against and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may share the personal information we collect with our company, business partners, ad network vendors and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, and to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions. We also may share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies in accordance with applicable law, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.